2015 was an eventful year - full of changes and new experiences. Some of the highlights:
- Lapeer got its first outdoor public art installation, and I got to facilitate it!
- I created an art website!
- I invested in a tent and some display materials, and participated in our local art fair with my own booth for the the first time.
- I got my art on display outside of Lapeer: Grand Haven, Detroit, Pontiac, Goodrich and Cass City MI, and San Francisco CA.
- People actually bought some of my work! A total of 10 pieces sold, from $25 to $160. Obviously I'm not going to get rich this way, but if I can make enough to cover supplies & other expenses, I consider it a win.
- Hubby and I got some major home renovation projects done in preparation for putting our house up for sale. (#1 item on my wish list for the next house - a space large enough for all my art and sewing stuff in one room!)
- I RETIRED from the day job!
- A full-page story about me ran in the local paper (which I still think was TOO MUCH, but appreciated none the less.)
My favorite pieces created in 2015:
And of course, there were some lows:
- Too many funerals, too many of people close to my age.
- A new back problem for my husband has emerged, which will require yet another surgery. It may have had something to do with the non-stop home renovations over the summer, or may have coincidentally developed on its own around that time; we'll never know.
- A deal for the purchase of our home fell through, at the same time our offer on a house we hoped to buy was rejected. Back to square one.
- I can't even remember how many times my mom fell. Luckily only a few (2 or 3?) required trips to the ER. The others just required helping to get her up off the floor. Then there was that one fall that resulted in pelvic fracture and a lengthy hospital stay - she bounced back and healed just fine, but unfortunately, continues to fall :(
- My weight is at an all-time high, and I can't stay like this. I've been down this road so many times .... *sigh* ... so here I go, one more time ....
I will start 2016 with an earnest to-do list. Not exactly resolutions; more like a plan.
Looking forward to another year full of new experiences!